On 09/04/18 20:35, Remco Viëtor wrote:
If it were that simple, we wouldn't have the discussions about importing
editing instructions between programs. But in practice, each program has its
own tweaks, and its way of doing things. From what I see here, LR does a few
things automatically that need to be done "by hand" in DT. And that kind of
thing is nice when you start, but tends to limit what advanced users can do.

Yes, true.
The new Rawtherapee, for example, has a new thing that let you automatically match the basecurve of a raw with the embedded jpeg. It's quite nice and useful (it has the effect of "start from the jpg", although not 100%), but if you need to do heavy adjustments normally you have to back it off.

Romano

--
Romano Giannetti
http://www.rgtti.com/