As the JIRA project has just been renamed today and no release has
occurred yet, I think now would probably be the best time to ever
recreate the mirror.

I dont think the pull requests numbers beginning again is that big an
issue. The comments are available on the dev list as you said, and
also any JIRAs the PR referenced, plus the commits made will remain
for inspection. There will obviously be some overlap with the old
numbers, but I dont think that should be too confusing as the dates
will make it fairly easy to tell whether it is a current reference or
an old one, plus any JIRA references will further help distinguish
them (given the old PR commits would refer to the old ACTIVEMQ6 JIRA
key, rather than the new ARTEMIS key).

One other issue to note is that I believe forks of the current GitHub
mirror will be re-parented against one of the remaining fork, so
people might need to recreate their forks against the main repo again.
I dont see that as too big a deal either though, and again better done
now than later.

Robbie