This isn't a mail to convince anyone between Log4J2 or Logback.

I have updated my Maven installation with Log4J2, instead of the default,
which worked fine.

I missed one thing and I hope with different log implementations we still
could do this "right". Maven has a nice command line parameter to give out
extra logging, the "-X" parameter. With the Log4J2 in place, this logging
parameter didn't work. I have to change the logging configuration to
include DEBUG logging. Is there a way to print out the logging, without
regard to the logging framework, to include the debug information when
given the "-X" parameter?

I think it is very valuable to get extra logging without touching any
configuration files.

With regards,

Nick Stolwijk

~~~ Try to leave this world a little better than you found it and, when
your turn comes to die, you can die happy in feeling that at any rate you
have not wasted your time but have done your best ~~~

Lord Baden-Powell