Am 07/23/2014 02:34 PM, schrieb Emanuele:
Kay Schenk wrote:
Do to recent updates to the download logic

/download/other.html

still exists as an entity but its basically blank since the table no longer
renders.

According to our Google Analytics, this page has quite a number of
references, including using it as a convenient way to show what languages
we have releases for -- http://www.openoffice.org/projects/native-lang.html.

Should we retool this based on the new changes? Or....

...  even without js, to just provide basic information like the
native-lang name, and links over to the latest binary area for that
language on SourceForge?

Example:
German (de)      ->
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.1.0/binaries/de/

or ????

Out of curiosity: the use of javascript to build the table is because
you prefer javascript or a plain html would be good as well?

before this JS table we had indeed plain HTML that had to be updated for every new release (links, version, data). No fun and error prone.

So, I've created a script that has done this automatically. I've used JS because there was nothing else possible - at least not for me. ;-)

Because after my digging last time, I'm pretty sure (well, I mostly did
it) that it's possible to generate the entire table during the build
adding few subs to view.pm and using some "trick".
For example I used a piece of JSON enclosed in kind of HTML tags that I
then parsed and "converted" into the table.
You can see the code at [1] it doesn't work entirely, for example the
SDK table is not built and the version in the title is not added, but
the rest is more or less working.

Emanuele

[1] https://gist.github.com/emanuele45/e7f7e73d05172da5981c

That looks good. However, I think I've to disappoint you a bit. ;-(

Now that we have the drop-down-box on the main download webpage, the users can choose themselves what they want to have. No need for a large table anymore.

We shouldn't simply delete the webpage as the Google hits are really high and shouldn't get lost. But for AOO 4.1.1 we can place a short text and link to the main download. So, we can fade out this over the time.

Marcus