Am 03.10.2017 um 15:18 schrieb Damjan Jovanovic:
Now what:
1. Ship our own builds of OpenJDK, in matching bitness. Do the licences
(GPL for JVM, GPL-with-classpath-exception for class library) allow us to?

of course this can be an option. But IMHO it's just a life extension. Somewhen in the future we need to decide which direction to go.

2. Drop Windows as a platform, since it's the only affected platform (*nix
users usually install distro OpenJDK packages so 32 bit OpenJDK will be
available for 32 bit AOO). We have no Win64 AOO.
3. Drop 32 bit versions of AOO and add Win64 support.

The long term option to go. As the relevance and usage of Windows 32-bit versions is also decreasing it's time to change to 64-bit.

4. Or drop Java entirely and port our Java code to eg. .NET core, which is
liberally licensed and private copies of it can be shipped?

Also possible. Microsoft has modified this, so that it can now also work on Linux and macOS. However, we need to know that .NET is really the same on all 3 platforms. I don't think we want to deal with differences between them that have to be incorporated into OpenOffice' code. This sounds like if it's too painful.

I would prefer for option 3.

Marcus

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 2:51 PM, Matthias Seidel <matthias.sei...@hamburg.de>