Added project stubs:

On 05/02/18 11:17, Jean-Louis Monteiro wrote:

Ok thanks guys.
@Rudy, you are most welcome :)

Jean-Louis Monteiro

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 11:39 AM, Rudy De Busscher <>

I think it is a very important spec, also for non-microprofile
implementations as it can enhance the interoperability of all servers.

I'm also very interested in the implementation (and want to help a bit with
it also :) )

On 2 February 2018 at 11:23, Mark Struberg <>

To clarify this even further:
The Geronimo Server is now officially dead.
But the Geronimo project is not. It alredy contains quite a few modular
parts which are reused in many ASF projects and also outside.
Examples is the geronimo-transaction-manager, geronimo-javamail,
geronimo-config, xbean-finder, etc

Of course it would probably make sense to fold those 2 projects together,
as already discussed in the past.
I'm still all open to it, but I have an important criterium to fulfil:
If we move those portable parts to TomEE, then this would mean that TomEE
would become an 'Umbrella project'.
And further that we would need a new name for those portable parts.
They would effectively be mainatained by the TomEE community (which has a
big overlap with Geronimo anyway) but those parts must clearly be
recognized separately from TomEE.

Otherwise people will assume that those parts only work within TomEE -
where in reality they would even work on WildFly or Liberty, etc. or
even a
naked Tomcat.
Got me?

We might e.g. brand them as 'TomEE Geronimo Spare Parts Department' :)

PS: I'd also love to keep the org.apache.geronimo package name to ease
backward compatibility.

Am 02.02.2018 um 11:08 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <

Guys, I have a question:

Why not a project to each implementation?

this is the case but geronimo is used as an umbrella project.

This way I can use just a specific if I want also.

exactly the goal and user usage AFAIK ;)

long story short: we learnt from the past errors and since always the
people work on these projects it is better to not split it accross N
communities since
it leads to a lot of efforts for these people. Having a single umbrella
project with N subprojects reduces the administrative work etc and
the projects productivity.

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 7:44 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <>

Hi JL,

Microprofile apache effort is hosted in geronimo and John already
about it I think. Would probably saner to keep it all at the same
the foundation.

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau <> |  Blog
<> | Old Blog
<> | Github <
rmannibucau> |
LinkedIn <> | Book

Hi all,

I was wondering if we could have the Microprofile JWT implemented in
What do you think?

I was reading the spec and I'd like to contribute that in.

Jean-Louis Monteiro

Andy Gumbrecht