On 2018/02/12 20:42:58, Jonathan Gallimore <jonathan.gallim...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 8:20 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > No Andy, as mentionned in the discussion Geronimo hosts the microprofile
> > @asf. This is why jwt should probably be done in geronimo which is the asf
> > ee related project umbrella.
> >

> I don't recall that discussion. Where did it take place?

I *think* he meant me.  The only time JWT came up on Geronimo was at [1].  I
had mentioned bringing over an impl based on Jose4J, Romain felt very strongly
we mustn't rely on 3rd party libraries.  I'm not sure why that is, but it
seemed based on the discussion we had two different aims so it wasn't something
I pushed forward on.  If there's interest within TomEE to get a JWT impl up and
running, I'd be happy to help (though I do feel strongly relying on a 3rd party
lib for the actual signature validation + external sig support is important; to
avoid that overhead).

RE MP @ TomEE/Geronimo.  I don't believe there's any hard or fast rules about
what projects are allowed to host.  For example, there's interest within
Skywalking to host the CDI and JAX-RS extensions to support OpenApi; but this
spec doesn't represent something any server vendor would support since its
really about your APM solution.  CXF happily took on the MP Rest Client when I
proposed it; though I would hope TomEE relies on the CXF library instead of
crafting their own client (selfish desires).  The JWT spec is weird, because it
defined non MP runtime behavior in addition to MP runtime behavior; so there
may be more integration work in a fuller app server like TomEE.

</peanut-gallery>

John

[1]:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/4edc997cfe2e45aaf25bb118bc621634c2832641cf3a9d954a6f7245@%3Cdev.geronimo.apache.org%3E