> Thanks for the feedback Jon.
>
> I had a couple of exchanges with Rudy which is happy to contribute some
> code as well.
> From what I have understood and seen, most of the code is integration code
> and there is at least from my current knowledge a little bit of code to put
> together in a reusable manner in a reusable library (where ever it sits).
> I was planning to do a quick prototype and get it to work from end to end
> into a working branch so we can move the discussion forward and see exactly
> where we go.
>
> Regarding the signing library, I am kinda on the same page.
> I don't see myself rewriting Johnzon to parse JSON and then Jose or Nimbus
> to do signing. There is absolutely no point at least for the POC. Again,
> we'll see if I get something working what we can do.

Agreeing for a PoC but for a production ready software it is if it can
conflict or bring drawbacks to the users to import the solution. The json
lib should at least be pluggable - avoids to shade/rewrite anything but let
the integrator use what he already has. Side note for json: for the overall
consistency using JSON-P makes it easy to get a common API which doesn't
need any investment and solves that "plug your impl" smoothly. For the
signing part it is a bit different since it will easily bring a huge stack
- how many bring jackson, simple-json, ... by default and are not
pluggable. This is an issue and can even lead to not working installations.
If you doubt I have like 700 components to show you it is not a random or
theorical thought. Investment is also quite light so not sure it does worth
speaking about it days.