On May 22, 2008, at 3:42 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

When you install binary OMPI (which pulls in libibverbs and all the
rest), do you set the OpenFabrics kernel drivers to start upon boot?
Or does the user have to do that manually?

I think so. To the best of my knowledge, we don't do anything explicitly.

Can you check?

If you (or something else in Debian) start the OpenFabrics drivers automatically (regardless of whether there are any verbs-capable devices), then that kinda defeats the point of Pasha's proposed check...