On 07/04/2015 19:34, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Tuesday, 7 April 2015 at 16:33:37 UTC, Stewart Gordon wrote:
I haven't been active on the newsgroups lately, so lose track of what's going
on.  Has
anything happened?

Just now I tried to commit to the bindings project on dsource, but got an error
"POST request on '/projects/bindings/!svn/me' failed: 500 Internal Server Error"

Has it been doing this for a long time?  Or is it just a temporary problem?
Bindings is
certainly a project that needs to be kept alive, whether here or somewhere
else, but
either way it needs to be possible to commit to it.

Sorry about that. It looks like pushing to SVN is broken. I don't remember if
this is a
new problem. I've just spent two hours trying to fix it, and though I thought I
made some
progress, now some Apache module is mysteriously segfaulting. I'm not sure if I
should
spend more time on this.

I've just tried committing again. And it seems it's generally managing to send one or two files and then failing on the next. (Though admittedly, I didn't think I had *that* many pending updates! They seem to be mostly small tweaks.)

Command: Commit
Modified: C:\Users\Stewart\Documents\Programming\D\win32\aclui.d
Modified: C:\Users\Stewart\Documents\Programming\D\win32\basetyps.d
Modified: C:\Users\Stewart\Documents\Programming\D\win32\commctrl.d
Modified: C:\Users\Stewart\Documents\Programming\D\win32\commdlg.d
Modified: C:\Users\Stewart\Documents\Programming\D\win32\dbt.d
Modified: C:\Users\Stewart\Documents\Programming\D\win32\dhcpcsdk.d
Modified: C:\Users\Stewart\Documents\Programming\D\win32\directx\dsound8.d
Modified: C:\Users\Stewart\Documents\Programming\D\win32\imm.d
Modified: C:\Users\Stewart\Documents\Programming\D\win32\mswsock.d
Modified: C:\Users\Stewart\Documents\Programming\D\win32\ntsecapi.d
Modified: C:\Users\Stewart\Documents\Programming\D\win32\ras.d
Modified: C:\Users\Stewart\Documents\Programming\D\win32\rpcdce.d
Modified: C:\Users\Stewart\Documents\Programming\D\win32\w32api.d
Modified: C:\Users\Stewart\Documents\Programming\D\win32\winbase.d
Modified: C:\Users\Stewart\Documents\Programming\D\win32\windef.d
Modified: C:\Users\Stewart\Documents\Programming\D\win32\winnt.d
Modified: C:\Users\Stewart\Documents\Programming\D\win32\winuser.d
Sending content: C:\Users\Stewart\Documents\Programming\D\win32\ntsecapi.d
Sending content: C:\Users\Stewart\Documents\Programming\D\win32\dbt.d
Sending content: C:\Users\Stewart\Documents\Programming\D\win32\windef.d
Error: Commit failed (details follow):
Error: PUT request on '/projects/bindings/!svn/txr/433-6/trunk/win32/windef.d'
failed:
Error:  500 Internal Server Error
Error: Additional errors:
Error: DELETE request on '/projects/bindings/!svn/txn/433-6' failed: 500
Internal
Error:  Server Error
Completed!:

And since the design of SVN is such that commits are atomic, this causes the whole commit to fail. So I guess I'll have to try committing just a few at a time and see if that works. Still, if you can get it working more reliably it would be most helpful.

<snip>
Yes, we can move the repository to GitHub. Since Git is distributed, you could
just clone
the mirror, create a new repository, and push it there. I'll remove my mirror
then, to
avoid confusion.

We would need to make sure people know that the bindings project is finally being moved across. I suppose that we would migrate the wiki pages across at the same time as we do this, and replace them on dsource with a notice telling people where to find it.

<snip>
Speaking in broader terms, I think the only useful part of the bindings project
is the
Win32 API. Everything else is provided from Derelict or Deimos. Ultimately, I
think the
bindings should be moved to Druntime, but it would take some work to integrate
them with
the existing ones to allow a seamless transition.

Yes, a set of bindings to eventually put into Phobos/druntime was the aim of the WindowsAPI project from the beginning. But unfortunately, progress has been slow.

Stewart.

--
My email address is valid but not my primary mailbox and not checked regularly. Please keep replies on the 'group where everybody may benefit.