On 07/04/2015 19:34, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Tuesday, 7 April 2015 at 16:33:37 UTC, Stewart Gordon wrote:
I haven't been active on the newsgroups lately, so lose track of what's going
Just now I tried to commit to the bindings project on dsource, but got an error
"POST request on '/projects/bindings/!svn/me' failed: 500 Internal Server Error"
Has it been doing this for a long time? Or is it just a temporary problem?
certainly a project that needs to be kept alive, whether here or somewhere
either way it needs to be possible to commit to it.
Sorry about that. It looks like pushing to SVN is broken. I don't remember if
this is a
new problem. I've just spent two hours trying to fix it, and though I thought I
progress, now some Apache module is mysteriously segfaulting. I'm not sure if I
spend more time on this.
I've just tried committing again. And it seems it's generally managing to send one or two
files and then failing on the next. (Though admittedly, I didn't think I had *that* many
pending updates! They seem to be mostly small tweaks.)
Sending content: C:\Users\Stewart\Documents\Programming\D\win32\ntsecapi.d
Sending content: C:\Users\Stewart\Documents\Programming\D\win32\dbt.d
Sending content: C:\Users\Stewart\Documents\Programming\D\win32\windef.d
Error: Commit failed (details follow):
Error: PUT request on '/projects/bindings/!svn/txr/433-6/trunk/win32/windef.d'
Error: 500 Internal Server Error
Error: Additional errors:
Error: DELETE request on '/projects/bindings/!svn/txn/433-6' failed: 500
Error: Server Error
And since the design of SVN is such that commits are atomic, this causes the whole commit
to fail. So I guess I'll have to try committing just a few at a time and see if that
works. Still, if you can get it working more reliably it would be most helpful.
Yes, we can move the repository to GitHub. Since Git is distributed, you could
the mirror, create a new repository, and push it there. I'll remove my mirror
We would need to make sure people know that the bindings project is finally being moved
across. I suppose that we would migrate the wiki pages across at the same time as we do
this, and replace them on dsource with a notice telling people where to find it.
Speaking in broader terms, I think the only useful part of the bindings project
Win32 API. Everything else is provided from Derelict or Deimos. Ultimately, I
bindings should be moved to Druntime, but it would take some work to integrate
the existing ones to allow a seamless transition.
Yes, a set of bindings to eventually put into Phobos/druntime was the aim of the
WindowsAPI project from the beginning. But unfortunately, progress has been slow.
My email address is valid but not my primary mailbox and not checked regularly. Please
keep replies on the 'group where everybody may benefit.