El 11/04/16 a les 19:41, Matthias Klumpp via Digitalmars-d-announce ha escrit:
>> About the d-apt dub deb package, they're built using binaries from
>> <https://code.dlang.org/download> and do not compile anything.
> Eww, that's not something we can do for official packages - it's fine though
> for 3rd-party stuff :-)

I know it. This is the reason of my comment :-)

>> How long will it take from a dub release until dub deb package will be
>> available on the Debian stable repositories? And for Ubuntu?
> Depends on the release cycle of Debian and Ubuntu. Generally, once software
> is in stable, it will only receive security fixes, and no further upstream
> versions will be added. That is part of the stability promise we give to
> users. Every new upstream release might include changes in behavior, breaking
> things or introducing new bugs.
> That being said, new upstream releases can be made available via backports,
> if there is demand for it (it's relatively easy, if the code compiles with
> the older GDC release in stable at that time).
> The Ubuntu Xenial (16.04) release (due in April) will have dub 0.9.24, and
> Debian Stretch (9), which will likely be released in spring next year, will
> have whatever dub version is current then (or if the dub developers prefer a
> certain version for stable, that version).

Well, this makes useful have dub in both repositories, Debian/Ubuntu and d-apt.
All Debian/Ubuntu users can always use dub on their system. If the last release
is needed for any reason they can add d-apt repository to install it. d-apt
takes 1-2 day to update dub deb packages after dub release. The deb package is
not a problem because we use the same package name, and the version shouldn't
be a problem too, the newer version will be installed regardless its source,
isn't it?

$ dpkg --compare-versions "0.9.25-0" gt "0.9.24-1ubuntu1" && echo "greater" ||
echo "NOT greater"