On Tuesday, 12 April 2016 at 13:28:29 UTC, Jordi Sayol wrote:
El 12/04/16 a les 14:26, Matthias Klumpp via Digitalmars-d-announce ha escrit:
I assume that the DMD package from dlang, or better d-apt, sets the d- compiler property. Should dmd be prefered if it is present?

I think so, since when installing it from non-free 3rd-party sources, the user made an explicit choice for DMD. In terms of packaging, the packaging doesn't really care, any D compiler will satisfy the requirements of the dub package.

No, dmd deb packages from dlang and d-apt do not set any d-compiler property. Where should it be set?

I think with "property" you mean "virtual package". See https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html#s-virtual Basically, the dmd package needs a "Provides: d-compiler" line, then it should be able to satisfy the dependencies of the dub package.