I don't feel like my voice should have much weight, but I think that the
policy as written is better. Debian aims to be stable long term, and for us
to match Debian, especially when not in our LTS releases, seems excessive
to me.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CABpHFHTSo%3D80GWdA6kLqk%3DXBxFa6s1d3V%3D_LBmoj4oCJQwJMLA%40mail.gmail.com.