Now that we've dropped Python 2, I personally wouldn't mind having the
policy be to support all supported versions of python (except 2.7) at the
time of each Django release. So Django would drop just after Python drops.
(The most recent version of Django (and maybe LTS too) should probably also
add support for new versions of Python, so we're not holding people back
from trying out the latest Python.) But I don't have a good feel for what
the maintenance burden is for supporting old versions of Python, so I don't
see first-hand the advantages of dropping earlier. Now that we're 3.x-only,
I don't like the idea of "driving the ecosystem forwards" being an excuse
for dropping Python early. I agree "allowing users to easily use and
install django based applications" is more important.

I also like the idea of "amending the Python support version policy to
account for the Python version in Debian stable", as that's a little more
practical, though we start play favorites with distros.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAFO84S5kx5W18xA7H99cJk9%2B7s4LVRNJCD7RDfaXBz76HjEAQQ%40mail.gmail.com.