Le mercredi 23 janvier 2019 08:31:17 UTC+1, James Bennett a écrit :

> I worry about the precedent we'd set if we made an exception for Debian,
> because the next question would be "OK, can we have an exception for Red
> Hat, too?" Keep in mind Red Hat currently sells up to fourteen years of
> support for their RHEL platform.

You're right, the fact that this is Debian or any other distro doesn't
matter here. My idea was to set the policy as : when a new major Django
version is released, it supports all current supported versions of Python.

> People who want to contribute to Django probably already need to solve
the problem of having multiple Python versions installed...

That's not my experience. It was during Python 2/3 coexistence, but now if
you develop with any Python 3 version, the rare cases where Python version
incompatibilities happen are catched by the CI runs.

Claude

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/3160ff66-d0cf-44a4-af00-1330854b8295%40googlegroups.com.