KatolaZ wrote on 19.01.2018 19:05:
> On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 06:48:42PM +0100, Irrwahn wrote:
>
> [cut]
>

>> In my mind, the whole mess looks more like a gigantic game of nuclear
>> whack-a-mole, and the only winning move is not to play. (The optimist
>> believes we are living in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist
>> is afraid the optimist is right. Guess, which faction I belong to. ;^)
>>
>> But honestly, KatolaZ, thanks for damping my enthusiasm. :)
>>

> Dear Urban, it was not my intention to damp your enthisiasm, at all,
> so please accept my apoligies if I did :\

Oh, no need to apologize! I guess my message read far more ironic, or
even sarcastic, than I intended. I was trying to convey my sincere
thanks for putting everything in perspective. Alas, English is not my
native tongue, plus I'm German, and us being direct is a prejudice
that oftentimes turns out to be true.  ;o)

> We need a lot of enthusiasm. And we also need to test this stuff in as
> many different setups as possible, before deciding what's next,
> IMHO. The help of all the knowledgeable people who are working on that
> is very much appreciated :)

Oh, I wasn't discouraged by your input, no worries, please. :)

> TBH, it would be great if at the end of those tests we could have a
> summary that explains what are the issues, what are the possible
> solutions, and what we can do to help implementing them without
> breaking too much stuff around ;)

And I'll continue to contribute whatever my time and capabilities allow
to reach that goal. After all, Devuan was the last straw that kept me
from ditching GNU/Linux altogether in the wake of the systemd meltdown.
[rant] But, honestly, the *BSDs are not the best alternative when it
comes to desktop systems; server installations are another cup of tea,
but that's (no longer) my main concern right now. [/rant]

Best regards
Urban
--
Sapere aude!