Bill Williams [EMAIL PROTECTED] said on 2/13/03 4:32 PM: >Digest V103 #40, the person identified as Fred J. Heumann, ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> hunted and pecked out the following: > >>I use TCPack for CompuServe to connect (and wish I could buy it >>and disable the need to hit an OK button to log on), but have also used the >>Black Night Telnet tool. > >Ditch TCPack -- it's known to be flaky. The BN telnet tool (and others, >and the BN app itself) are bulletproof. > Interesting...I've not had problems with TCPack (not knowingly--perhaps there are other things I'm not tracing to that). What are they asking for BN? TGE TCP is also out there, and it appears to be free at this point.
>>connect to my >>CompuServe account which I have had since 1986(?) or so via a broadband >>connection. > >Same here, except that I use MacNav to read the MacSoftware and >MacHardware forums (the only ones left), and collect email from my POP >account w/Em@iler. Other than occasional drops -- which I blame on CIS -- >I've had no problems. This is with a G4/766/1.5GB and a DSL connection. >Assuming you are using =CSI= as your ISP this shouldn't happen. If you >are coming in from another ISP, CSI won't let you =send= via their smtp >server unless you are using CIS software. > >Have you verified your setup for CIS mail in Em@iler? I'm _not_ using CSI as the ISP, as I log on via broadband with BellSouth ;->. I've been able to send email through that network with Claris for years. I'm not sure what exactly you mean about verifying my setup. If you've seen the other msgs, you know that I've solved the problem as being caused by a bad email file forwarded to me. Blessings, Fred ___________________________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe send a mail message with a SUBJECT line of "unsubscribe" to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

