On 24 May 2013 16:45, alex chiosso <achio...@gmail.com> wrote:

> They only told me that the gantry axes kinematics is well supported by
> their CNC system with high performance level.

LinuxCNC supports gantries well too. It is just that there are issues
(not related to gantries) with non-trivial kinematics. The issues are
almost entirely limited to jogging wierdness.
There is a sim-gantry demo config to play around with if you want to
see what happens. The main issue is that you can jog onto the limit
switches in World mode. (again, IIRC)

As far as I know (I haven't actually tried it) these issues are solved
in joints_axes3 (an alternative branch). In addition ja3 has a trivial
kinematics for multi-joint machines (gentrivkins) which reportedly
works admirably.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.