I have been designing with x86 since the early 80's, ARM since the early
90's and several other architectures (Mips, Sparc, Alpha etc) over the
years. I just don't get the recent attraction to moving the realtime out
of the PC and onto ARM. It's lots of work for what actual benefit? This
idea has come up a lot without anyone really putting any effort into it
besides machinekit. But they picked a SOC without a GPU powerful enough
to run a GUI in HD. Does/did one of them work for TI or something?