On 4/13/2019 3:46 PM, Nicklas SB Karlsson wrote:
Even th D-525-MW motherboard? I can latency-test for an hour or 2 on this
machine I'm building up right now, and not show any worse than 5.1
microseconds for base thread latency, and If I run without that thread,
which I don't use anyway, and the worst case latency is 4850ns.  Thats
right alongside the figures I've seen quoted for the STM-32.
On an STM32 it will probably be less than 4850ns on the highest priority
interrupt. Others however depends on threads with higher priority. Ideally all
threads should be known and have an upper bound on execution time then it might
under correct conditions be possible to calculate beforehand all dead lines
will be met.

Then I last checked real time seems to run really well on ordinary linux with
real time kernel. Do anybody know if it is possible to list running real time
threads in linux?

I did a calc and got *10ns* latency on a Cortex m7 400MHz, with only 2ns of that as actual jitter, which would be avoidable.

Danny