If this is automatically translated from Chinese then you have to realize
that the Chinese
don't like to invent new words and in technical writing re-purpose existing
words.
The prime example is using "pressure" to means "volts".  This is a natural
result of
using characters, you can't "invent" new characters you must repurpose
existing ones.

A Chinese engineer would not even notice this as so many words and
characters
have meaning based on context or tone.  But the Google translator can not
understand context.  It is based on statistics

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 8:00 AM Jon Elson <el...@pico-systems.com> wrote:

> On 04/12/2019 12:21 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >   It uses the
> > phrase "digital operator" which could translate to its own front panel.
> Yes, that is the usual term for the plug-in front panel.
> That panel can be removed once the device is configured.
> >

> > I assume that config changes are retained over a powerdown as having to
> > refresh its settings at every power-up is a complete non-starter to me.
> Yes, the micro has a flash ROM to store the configs settings.
>
> Jon

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California