On Friday 12 April 2019 10:57:42 Jon Elson wrote:

> On 04/12/2019 12:21 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >   It uses the
> > phrase "digital operator" which could translate to its own front
> > panel.
>
> Yes, that is the usual term for the plug-in front panel.
> That panel can be removed once the device is configured.

Yes, I found a poor pix of it in the booklet, titled "Digital Operator".

> > I assume that config changes are retained over a powerdown as having
> > to refresh its settings at every power-up is a complete non-starter
> > to me.
>
> Yes, the micro has a flash ROM to store the configs settings.
>
> Jon
I hooked it up like I had the other, but when powered up it displays a 4
digit error code. Rapidly blinking. But the only error code table in the
back of the booklet only shows 2 digit errors with the left digit=0.

Unlike the OEM controller, the ground end of the external pot goes to a
terminal named GND. But the FWD/REV buttons have a different, isolated
XGRB. And because I don't trust the drain wires to be isolated from each
other, I looks like I'll have to run a separate cable just to assure the
grounds stay isolated. Sucks, such is not noted in the text, anyplace.
Grrrrr.

Or see if I've got 4 feet of cable with enough wires,  Need at least 6.
But its turned wet. I've fed us lunch, might take a nap. My back is
yelling.  Don't get old guy's, its not worth the aches & pains.

Whose brilliant idea was it to wire these things up thru ports in the
bottom anyway?  Dumb, and dumber. Ought to have been power and output in
the left side, control in the right.  Then you could just park it on a
shelf.