I never said I put much faith in it, but I did actually read some to see
what they were trying to do.  I am curious if the debunkers also had an ax
to grind.

I thought the Hummer/Prius ranking was a likely sign of crappiness, but I
could see where it came from.  Let's face is having two power plants is a
bad idea.  And at the time I read it probably more than ten years ago, the
Prius was not especially popular and so took hits for things like not very
recyclable.

Since I own an xB I was interested to see why they ranked best.  It had to
do with lots of parts coming from Camrys and Corollas, it was pretty decent
mileage at the time, and small in size and mass.
Couldn't pick out any points on any car that I completely disagreed with,
but I can't say about the methodology.

I think it is more like a horoscope - it can bring up interesting things to
cogitate over, but the main rpemise is flawed.

Do you all just hate me here?  Or does people just talking always make
someone here mad?

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 7:36 PM, Mark Abramowitz via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org>wrote:

> Amen!
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On May 26, 2014, at 2:59 PM, EVDL Administrator via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
> wrote:
>
> > On 26 May 2014 at 12:09, Michael Ross via EV wrote:
> >
> >> Interesting and not surprising to many EV types, the Prius was found
> >> slightly less environmentally favorable than said Hummer.
> >
> > Great clickbait!  And, like most clickbait, it's rubbish.
> >
> > These studies are complex and are typically built on a foundation of
> best-
> > and worst-case estimates piled on guesses. The authors decide in advance
> > what conclusion they want the study to have, then choose from the menu of
> > wildly disparate numbers available until they get that desired
> conclusion.
> >
> > Regrettably, there are usually no consequences for the "scientists" who
> lend
> > their good names to these bogus "studies."
> >
> > David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
> > EVDL Administrator
> >
> > = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
> > EVDL Information: http://www.evdl.org/help/

*Dalai Lama *

Tell me what it is you plan to do
With your one wild and precious life?