On 26 May 2014 at 12:09, Michael Ross via EV wrote:

> Interesting and not surprising to many EV types, the Prius was found
> slightly less environmentally favorable than said Hummer.

Great clickbait!  And, like most clickbait, it's rubbish.

These studies are complex and are typically built on a foundation of best-
and worst-case estimates piled on guesses. The authors decide in advance
what conclusion they want the study to have, then choose from the menu of
wildly disparate numbers available until they get that desired conclusion.

Regrettably, there are usually no consequences for the "scientists" who lend
their good names to these bogus "studies."

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator