Hello Cor,

I have seen a "dust to dust" comparison of the inputs necessary to "have" a
particular mdoel of car.

They were as absolutely thorough as they could be.  Like giving the Scion
xB credit for not like to be painted an repaired over its life by virtue of
the people that would own it - as compared to say a Hummer which - due to
its profligate attitude will be pampered with much washing, and definitely
repaired to concours condition for many low mileage years.

Interesting and not surprising to many EV types, the Prius was found
slightly less environmentally favorable than said Hummer.

The Scions also got credit for their sales effort that did not support much
dealer effort, being mostly an online, no haggle experience (made it hard
to get attention when you went to a dealer looking at them).

Despite your complaint of bean counting, there is more to the energy debt
cause by a product than its mere manufacture.

*Dalai Lama *

Tell me what it is you plan to do
With your one wild and precious life?
Mary Oliver, "The summer day."