> From: Lloyd Wayne Reece via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
>
> I have purchased a fuse for an EV in the making and now I need a fuse
> block that I can use to attach the fuse and the wiring to.

Expensive little suckers, aren't they?

Having looked at fuses and circuit breakers in the EV range, I've decided on
constructing a fusible link. Go two sizes smaller than your main conductor, put
a lug on one end to attach to the battery, and do a soldered butt-splice to
your main conductor, covered with a few layers of heat shrink -- a fuse for
1/100th the price!

I decided on this approach because my batteries will be in three strings, and
you need protection for each string, lest the main conductor connecting your
strings together gets shorted in an accident or something. I did not want to
pay for three high-current fuses and holders.

:::: He was a very inferior farmer when he first began, and he is now fast
rising from affluence to poverty. -- Mark Twain