​Being a product development​ engineer, this strikes me as a HUGE project.
Even if you're not looking for professional results.  I sense that you
understand this is not something you'll be able to toss off in a weekend,
but the key issue as I see it is this - how much time and effort will you
need to invest to ensure that your large investment results in something
worth the investment?

What will be the operating envelope for this vehicle?  If it's going to be
out in traffic - a cage among the cars and not just a lone cyclist near the
shoulder, it needs some crash protection.  Bicycle tube won't cut it.  It
is possible to make a real car extremely light and still safe, but your
options are limited.  Go to an SCCA road race at a local track, wander
around the pits and look at the smaller sports racing cars. Also locost
construction techniques(Google it).  Then realize that including operating
doors complicates things dramatically in terms of chassis strength.

Another reason to move away from bicycle-think and more toward a very light
but real car, is that you're going to have a hard time finding or adapting
components for a car built with bike tech.  Not only that, but a bike-ish
car amounts to coloring far enough outside the lines that most rules of
thumb you'll be tempted to rely on will be useless.  You're on your own.

Do you want to design and build your steering system and all suspension
parts from scratch?  Car stuff will be far too heavy for a bike-ish car.
If Zzipper makes your windshield (presumably from plastic), how will you
implement wipers that don't turn it into a scratched up haze?  Without
wipers you'll never get a plate for it.  Speaking of which, how will you
implement a hyper-lightweight parking brake that passes inspection?  These
are only a few questions of dozens you'll have to work out to make this
successful.

I'd suggest making this a mental/sketching/calculating/spreadsheet project
for quite a while before you buy any parts, cut metal or shape plastic.
Pay attention to the interplay of different aspects and the compromises.
You'll be surprised how much it changes and improves.  Trust me, it's a lot
easier, quicker and cheaper changing things in the design stage than going
through multiple prototypes.  And you'll get a better final result.

Whatever direction you go, best of luck!

Chris