AH! But our conversions were always compromises as the new technology did
not fit nicely anywhere. Light vehicles are OK but majority of people do
not think that way. They require 'safe' cars and that's what sells. It
would be far more better if everyone worked from home and only walked
around the house. On the other hand Model S like heavy vehicles push the
agenda further. It opens a fast track for technology development as more
capital is needed for R&D and it is not justified until there is proven
demand for the technology. So I think it is a bit academic debate which
would be better as market environment pushes things to certain direction
anyway. Yes. Also I'm happy if more li-ion cells are sold and manufactured
as it's what pays my bills :D   But seriously. Light cars like Smart and
even lighter 3-wheelers are economic but they are actually just horrible to
drive. At least on our roads. Thou I would have loved to drive Aptera
because how beautiful it looked. I have no idea how it handled. To throw
something in on this debate I would like to encourage people to think a bit
further what it comes to batteries. We are going to see some pretty nice
things during next couple of years. -Jukka

http://www.google.com/profiles/jarviju#about