On 3 Aug 2017 at 16:27, Dan Baker via EV wrote:

> From their site it's hard to tell where there funding comes from, they do list
> their funding as 27% from businesses and 70% from "foundations".  One of their
> Directors bios shows he has direct ties to big oil.

It's kind of negative to say it, but this formula has been working for over
40 years, and not just with EVs.  To preserve their billions, the big money
men invest millions in foundations and "think tanks."  I guess they figure
that 1000:1 is a pretty good return on their money.  They are probably
right.

Many or most of these pseudo-educational institutions (many/most qualify as
nonprofits and thus pay no taxes and can accept tax-deductible donations.
They send smooth-talking people in $1000 suits with impressive sounding
credentials to do soothing, "common sense" interviews with the news media.
The media almost never question them, since the "experts" make the so-called
journalists' jobs easy and their advertisers happy.

The more recent enhancements to this scheme are psychographically targeted
social media advertising and trolling.  Facebook (among others) is only too
happy to take their money, and help them learn what pushes your buttons.

The world might be in flames around them, and if that were what their
masters wished, these people would smile and earnestly declare that there's
no need to worry, everything is fine.

I don't know how you beat them at their game.  The only method I know of
that might combat this smooth, deliberate anti-EV propaganda is good old
fashioned one-on-one in-person proselytizing in favor of EVs.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator