Better to drive a rented ICE for a 1000 mile round trip a time or two per
year if it gives one the flexibility to then be able to drive an EV for
the other 15,000 miles on clean energy.

So being polluting 7% of the time to be clean the other 93% is "better"
than not buing an EV because of the annual trip to grammas and then being
dirty 100% of the time.

An EV is not supposed to solve all transportation problems.  But it is
best for the 90% solution that is local.

Bob


-----Original Message-----
From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of Mark Abramowitz
via EV
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2017 11:49 AM
To: Peri Hartman; Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Cc: Mark Abramowitz
Subject: Re: [EVDL] EVLN: (ice) Experts say there's no need for a 750mi
EV-range sweet spot

Why would a polluting ICE be better than a ZEV?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 26, 2017, at 6:33 AM, Peri Hartman via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
wrote:
>
> Yep. 240, or maybe 300, miles range is sufficient for road trips. At
least for me. But charge time has to be quicker. At least 100kW? That's
still 40-50 minutes for an 80% charge. For now, I can rent an ICE on those
occasions. But then we still need ICEs.
>
> Peri
>
> ------ Original Message ------
> From: "brucedp5 via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
> To: ev@lists.evdl.org
> Cc: "brucedp5" <bruce...@juno.com>
> Sent: 25-Oct-17 10:14:59 PM
> Subject: [EVDL] EVLN: (ice) Experts say there's no need for a 750mi
> EV-range sweet spot
>
>>
>>
>> % These were the same ice-bozos that said there is no need for more
>> than 50 miles, nor 100 mile, nor 200+ mile range ... but the public
>> is only thinking what those same ice experts have told them: more
>> range is better, thus more range sells. %
>>
>> http://www.theledger.com/news/20171022/746-miles-on-charge-experts-sa
>> y-theres-no-need
>> 746 miles on a charge? Experts say there’s no need Oct 22, 2017
>> Eric D. Lawrence / Detroit Free Press
>>
>> [image  / ERIC D LAWRENCE/DETROIT FREE PRESS
>> http://www.theledger.com/storyimage/LK/20171022/NEWS/171029803/EP/1/1
>> /EP-171029803.jpg?Q=75&maxW=960&maxH=960
>> (bolt)  Industry watchers and auto executives are tapping the brakes
>> on the idea that the future of mainstream electric vehicles will be
>> tied to an ever-expanding range. Some now say they believe the sweet
>> spot for battery range might already have been reached ]
>>
>> DETROIT — Elon Musk predicted two years ago that a Tesla should be
>> able
_______________________________________________
UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
http://lists.evdl.org/listinfo.cgi/ev-evdl.org
Please discuss EV drag racing at NEDRA
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEDRA)
_______________________________________________
UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
http://lists.evdl.org/listinfo.cgi/ev-evdl.org
Please discuss EV drag racing at NEDRA (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEDRA)

Reply via email to