If you really want a directly solar powered vehicle, you will want to look at
the low profile lightweight solar racers that many university teams put
together. These tend to use bicycle-like components.

Making it work for a conventional vehicle for sustained highway speeds runs
into space, weight, and or cost issues. Top of the line generally available
solar modules are around 21% efficient (SunPower, Panasonic, and LG).