From: David Nelson <gizm...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2017 11:19 AM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Cc: ROBERT
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Solar trailer calculation

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 9:05 PM, ROBERT via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:
> I do not know who does your math.  The email states "Leaf gets 4.5 miles per
> kw at 55mph more or less depending on wind."  Therefore, 1000 W / 4.5 miles =
> 222 W per mile.   This appears to be a little low to me.  However, if it is
> accurate, you would need 222 W to go one mile.

This is an example of why the units need to be correct. It should
state that the Leaf gets 4.5 miles per kWh, that is a kilowatt-hour
not a kilowatt. This changes your numbers to 1000 Wh / 4.5mi = 222
Wh/mi. Thus you need 222Wh to go a mile. If you only had 222W from a
solar panel then you need to have one hour of charging to go that
mile.

David D Nelson