From: "Gary Krysztopik via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: "Gary Krysztopik" <info.zwhe...@gmail.com>
Sent: 17-Jun-20 2:57:30 PM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] [External] Re: George's farm truck/van EV project

One of the problems is that people expect one vehicle to be able to do
everything (except be fuel efficient).  That's why we have so many huge
SUV's - 4x4 in case it's needed, tow capacity just in case, 7 passengers
just in case, and we've created monsters that have made it unsafe to drive
small vehicles.  The new idea is right-sized vehicles, last-mile vehicles
and mobility as a service.  All the big guys are putting out electric vans
that can do the big stuff but are way overkill for the majority of around
town deliveries and will be very expensive.  This little van is supposed to
fill the space inbetween.  "Better is the enemy of good enough".  Not for
everybody but it will suit many (we hope).