From: e...@vanderwal.us
To: "Peri Hartman" <pe...@kotatko.com>; "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: 18-Jun-20 7:08:13 PM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] [External] Re: George's farm truck/van EV project

Seems like a Cybertruck meets all of your requirements (assuming Tesla delivers
on it as advertised)

Although it's not a van, I'll bet someone comes up with something like a camper
shell for it.

 Easiest to reiterate my case. I want a high clearance vehicle for forest
 service roads. Also need a lot of range since there's no opportunity to
 charge, in some cases, for nearly the entire round trip which can be
 over 200 miles. In addition, if I do another real estate investment soon
 (likely) I'll need a "construction" van.

 Gary, your van could work for construction. But it doesn't meet the long
 range or high clearance part (or driving on freeways). So, I would need
 a second vehicle with those attributes plus enough room to carry 4
 people and 4 large backpacks and a bit of other stuff. That would be two
 fairly large vehicles.

 However, I'd like to move to owning one car, rather than two. If I do
 that, my car needs to meet all these requirements. (And, no, I can't
 rent a vehicle each time I go hiking or to other activities in the
 mountains. Rental companies don't allow that use, plus it's a lot of
 overhead for an already very long day.)

 I agree with the principle of buying a car that fits most of your needs
 and finding something else for the few times it doesn't ... if that
 works.

 Peri