Yes, I know the one you mean (the snippet and the supercluster). An article on the
future evolution of the universe. That suffers
from the same objection to the prediction that we'll fall into our galaxy's black
hole, namely that the dynamics of the situation
might be such that our galaxy is 'evaporated off' from the supercluster's potential
well rather than 'relaxed into' it. (However I
realise you were just making a casual remark in passing so maybe all this analysis is
getting a bit over the top....)

> Re our own supermassive black hole at the heart of the Milky Way - I
> assume we're in a stable orbit about that one, with the usual caveat
> that its impossible to prove stability of any arbitrary n-body orbit
> of course.

The sun does seem to be in a very stable orbit about the galaxy - almost circular, in
fact. See "Rare Earth" for an explanation of
why this is one of the many factors that had to come out just right for us to exist at
all...

Charles