Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
> Right!
>>Subject: Re: Platonism vs Realism WAS: ROADMAP (well, not yet really...
>>Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:18:18 +0200
>>>Trivial does not mean false.
>>It seems to me that the set of inputless programs contains the set of
>>which have inputs. Because a program which have inputs could be written as
>>the following inputless program :
>>The resulting program is input less but the "substructure" denominated CODE
>>here is not inputless, it takes the hardcoded input.
>>So in any case I don't see why inputless program should be "trivial case".

I thought the question was not about computation, but whether a program was
intelligent or conscious.  I think that intelligence means being able to
respond to a
variety of differenet inputs.  So above |CODE| might be intelligent but not the
overall inputless program.

Brent Meeker

To post to this group, send email to