Le 20-sept.-06, à 14:08, 1Z a écrit :

> This isn't the only way COMP couldbe false. For instance, if
> matter exists, consciousness could be dependent on it. Thus,
> while the existence of matter might disprove the Bruno version of comp,
> it doesn't prove the existence of actual infintities.

If matter exists, and if consciousness is dependent on it, and if there
is no actual infinities on which my consciousness can depend, then that
piece of matter is turing emulable, and so by turing-emulating it, it
would lead to a zombie.
OK then.
But now I have still less understanding of your notion of primitive
matter. You could define it by anything making comp false without using
actual infinities, and this would lead to ad hoc theories.
Again, from a strictly logical point of view you are correct, but then
we have to ask you what you mean by matter. It is no more something
describable by physics, and it is above anything imaginable to link
that stuff to consciousness.
Unless you present some axiomatic of your notion of matter, I am afraid
we will not make progress.