Le 24-janv.-07, à 19:52, Brent Meeker a écrit :

> Bruno Marchal wrote:
>> Now, when you run the UD, as far as you keep the discourse in the
>> third
>> person mode, everything remains enumerable, even in the limit.
>> But from the first person point of view, a priori the uncountable
>> stories, indeed generated by the UD, take precedence on the computable
>> one: thus the continua of white rabbits. This results from the lack of
>> any possibility from the first person point of view to locate herself
>> into UD*. Somehow the first person belongs to 2^aleph_zero histories
>> at
>> the start.
>>
>> A similar "explosion of stories" appears with quantum mechanics,
>> except
>> that here the physicist as an easy answer: white rabbits and Potter
>> universe are eliminated through phase randomization (apparently).
>
> But only relative some particular bases.  Why the quantum mechanical
> world has the classical world as an approximation (instead of a white
> rabbit world) is not a solved problem - though there are proposed,
> possible solutions.

I agree. But I am also convinced by the decoherence justification of
why the position base get his importance in information processing. The
very idea is already in Everett (imo).
To be sure, decoherence makes sense only in the MWI. I know some are
trying to use it to explain the "other world" away, but that is non
sense. IF QM (without collapse) is true, decoherence explains only the
extreme speed of the relative differentiation of the histories.