Le 25-janv.-07, à 16:48, John Mikes a écrit :

> Bruno,
>  as another chap with learned English "in vertical stance" I
> "partially" agree with your 'plural' as would all English
> mother-tongued people, but I also consider the gramatically probably
> inproper "points of views", since WE allow different 'views' in our
> considerations. Stathis may choose his preference<G>.
>   "Points of view" assumes THE one view we allow.  "MATTER OF FACTlLY"
> (plural: 'matters-of factly'? - if it really HAS a plural.  Is there
> an English "singulare tantum"? ) I still speculate what "point of
> views" may refer to, however I would volunteer a "point-of-views"  in
> the conventional sense.
>  Alas, no 'utmost' authority OVER the hundreds of live English
> versions.

OK thanks. I think I will follow mostly Stathis' suggestion, but you
just put the finger on why I have a problem. Sometimes I want to talk
on many first (say) person pointS of view. But sometimes I want to
speak about all person (first, third, singular, plural) pointS of
ViewS. So indeed there is a little nuance depending on the number of
points and views :-)

(Note all this is a bit useless because there are few correlation
between what I think and write especially when in hurry)

Another solution which I have apparently already used consists in
saying "hypostase" in the place of person point of view ...