I think high energy physicists talk about "colour charge", rather than
"colour pole", but this is by analogy to electricity with its +ve &
-ve charges, rather than analogy to magnetism with its north and south
poles. However at the level of analogy, which is what your story is,
this distinction is unimportant.

In the real world, objects tend to be electrically neutral (even when
charged, objects have only a slight imbalance between positive and
negative charges). This is a not quite analogy to the need for magnets
to always have two poles. Incidently, physicists also talk about
monopoles, but aside from one isolated experiment, monopoles have
never been seen.

With the strong force, the colours can never be imbalanced on everyday
objects. Only quarks have colour. Bigger objects from protons up are
said to be "white" or "colourless". The reason for this is
"confinement", but I'll let you look that up on Wikipedia if you're
interested.

Cheers