On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 01:03:04PM +1100, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
> I don't mean the white rabbits from the Turing machine, I mean the ones
> outside it. If we accept that an abstract machine can just exist, without
> benefit of a separate physical reality, why not also accept that
> non-computational talking white rabbits can also just exist? That is, why
> should computations have a privileged ontological status in the everything?
>
> Stathis Papaioannou

That's not an assumption I make. The only thing given "priveleged
ontological status" are the descriptions (or infinite length strings -
binary or in your choice of alphabet). These are not the
outputs of any computational process, although they can be considered
as generated dynamically by a UD if you wish (although not necessary).