How you can remember all those technical details is astonishing, but thanks
for the confirmation and the trip down memory lane.      marty a.

----- Original Message -----
From: "ronaldheld" <ronaldh...@gmail.com>
To: "Everything List" <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 8:10 AM
Subject: Re: Yablo, Quine and Carnap on ontology

in TOS: "the enemy within" On stardate 1672.1, in 2266, a strange ore
had altered the function of the transporter, causing one of the most
bizarre transporter accidents on record, in which Captain James T.
Kirk was split into two separate entities. No mention of where the
extra matter came from.
in TNG:"second chances"  In 2361, on Nervala IV, the USS Potemkin was
conducting an evacuation of the science outpost on the planet.
Lieutenant William T. Riker was part of the away team at the time.
in VOY "tuvix"  Lysosomal enzymes of an alien orchid were the cause of
another accident in that same year. Tuvok, Neelix and the orchid were
temporarily merged into one being during transport. Tuvix, as he named
himself (or themselves), was a complete mixture of the talents of both
crewmembers.

After discovering how to separate the two patterns and retrieve both
Tuvok and Neelix, Tuvix protested that such a procedure would be
equivalent to murdering him, but the procedure was undertaken anyway,
and Tuvok and Neelix were restored

in TNG"rascals" Coming back from a botanic expedition on planet
Marlonia where Keiko O'Brien found a specimen of Draebidium calimus,
the Fermi shuttle piloted by Ro Laren, Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Keiko
and Guinan falls victim of an energy anomaly. The emergency transport
back is difficult, and the USS Enterprise-D crew is shocked by the
return of a twelve year old Captain, bartender, botanist and Bajoran
Ensign instead of their adult selves.

These are all I had the time to remember, retrieve and post from
work.The descriptive text come from Memory Alpha
                                                        Ronald

An unusual distortion field meant the Potemkin had difficulty beaming
up Riker. A second confinement beam was initiated to overcome these
difficulties, with the intent of reintegrating the two beams in the
transporter buffer.

This was unnecessary as only one beam was successful at transporting
Riker, the modulation of the distortion caused the second beam to be
reflected back down to the surface, materializing two Rikers, one on
the ship, and one on the planet's surface. Unlike the two Kirks
created in 2266, both Rikers were functionally identical to the
original man.