on 18.09.2010 21:09 Brent Meeker said the following:
On 9/18/2010 9:20 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
on 18.09.2010 18:08 1Z said the following:

By the way, about the water. The difference between H, O and
H2O is in chemical bonds in H2O.

such bonds can be considered basic elements of reality, too

I am not sure if I understand your answer. Say we have H2 and O2 at
 room temperature in some enclosure. Then we put a catalyst there
and if the enclosure is strong enough, then we obtain there water,
H20. The question is then what happened with bonds in H2 and O2 and
where from come new bonds in H20? The bonds in H2, 02 and H20 are
completely different from each other.

Why do you think they are completely different? They are just local
energy minima in the wave functions of the outer electrons.

It could be that the word completely is not quite right. Sure they are similar in respect that this is an interplay between nuclei and electrons. Yet, what I have meant, that their properties are quite different. Say the OO bond in O2 and the HH bond in H2 are not the same. This also concerns H0 bonds in HOH.