I think we are now making hidden assumptions about the nature of time, namely that it "really exists", and then we are trying to argue that you can still have immortality (in different senses). However, it is far more natural to assume that time does not exist and then you get immortality (in the sense of my conscious states that have a finite memory always existing) in a far more straightforward way.

That time does not exist is a quite natural assumption. To see this, assume that it does exist. But then, since time evolution is given by a unitary transform, the past still exists in a scrambled way in the present (when taking into account parallel universes). E.g. your past brain state of ten years ago can still be described in terms of the physical variables as they exist today. Of course such a description is extremely complicated involving the physical state of today's multiverse within a sphere of ten lightyears.

Then assuming that the details of implementation does not affect consciousness (as long as the right program is being run), one has to conclude that your past state of coinsciousess exists also today. You could therefore just as well assume that time does not exist, as the two possibilities are operationally equivalent.

Saibal