Hi Stephen!

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Lin
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 2:26 AM
To: Everything List
Subject: Re: Mathematical closure of consciousness and computation

Hi all,

If you generalize this further, doesn't it imply that the universal
dove tailer is all of existence, taking turns computing each other? So
"you" and the "universe around you" take turns computing each other
one step at time.

In fact, that means, any two people in the world may actually be the
"same" person, except taking steps computing each other one step at a
time. So you and "I" might be exactly the same person, under some
appropriate coordinate transformation!

Food for thought.

Stephen Lin
**

[SPK]

    Indeed! But notice that this idea implies that each instance of a UD
computation would have its own "time" (order of succession), which is a good
idea since that would overcome the problem with a single global synchronization
- which is disallowed with the non-existence of a single global computation of
the whole of existence as Bruno explained in an earlier posting: