On 6/26/2011 12:58 PM, Rex Allen wrote:
On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 1:05 PM, Bruno Marchal<marc...@ulb.ac.be>

The idea that our theories are approaching some metaphysical truth is
 essentially just the same as assuming there is some more
comprehensive and coherent theory. I note that Hawking and Mlodinow
recently suggested that we might accept a kind of patch-work set of
theories of the world, rather than insisting on a single coherent
theory.

Could you please give references to such a statement? In my view, this is exactly the way to implement efficiently some simulation of the world. It is unnecessary for example to simulate atoms until some observer will start researching them.