On 6/27/2011 12:51 PM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
On 6/26/2011 12:58 PM, Rex Allen wrote:
On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 1:05 PM, Bruno Marchal<marc...@ulb.ac.be>

The idea that our theories are approaching some metaphysical truth is
 essentially just the same as assuming there is some more
comprehensive and coherent theory. I note that Hawking and Mlodinow
recently suggested that we might accept a kind of patch-work set of
theories of the world, rather than insisting on a single coherent
theory.

Could you please give references to such a statement?

http://physicsbuzz.physicscentral.com/2010/09/hawking-mlodinow-no-theory-of_30.html

Brent

In my view, this is exactly the way to implement efficiently some simulation of the world. It is unnecessary for example to simulate atoms until some observer will start researching them.