Bruno assumes that consciousness preceded matter....

then why do we only find consciousness as a terrestrial phenomena
(suns and stars aren't conscious).. and as a later stage terrestrial
phenomena for that matter.... i.e. water, plants, minerals etc. are
not conscious..... and intellect and understanding in any real sense
are found in even later stage terrestrial forms, and we have physical
explanations for this.......

Bruno sins against naturalism and all that we know and intuit.

He will do anything to resurrect from the dead some rudimentary and
vague Mysticism.