Russell: "Yet the
reality we perceive is very definitely a construction of our minds "

Why do you say such things? How can you know that?

IF this is true, then how did you get into the position to know this? How
did you derive a true metanarrative from a "confabulation".

IF all that we know and perceive is false, how do we assume that idea is
then uniquely and exclusively true?

I have heard that theory that the brain constructs our perception of
reality, but I don't buy it... because I would ask.... how could we know
that, it is contradictory.... they derive such a notion from a study of the
reality (the brain etc.) that they say the "brain" "constructs".... they are
just speculating from what seemingly makes sense to them....

"not one scrap of evidence that
that reality exists independently of our minds."

people die, all the time... they get burried and life on earth continues...
the pyramids stay up... species propagate.... babies are born.... mozart is
still played... and people still cognize these thoughts.

I don't think the choice is between a belief in some socalled physical
reductionism or some noetic reductionism....

nor between an objectively existing reality or a hallucination or
construction of reality via the brain (which itself is a hallucination or
construction, no?) this makes no sense.

I think we simply don't know. agnosticism is best.