On 7/6/2011 12:22 PM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
On 06.07.2011 05:14 Constantine Pseudonymous said the following:
Bruno assumes that consciousness preceded matter....

then why do we only find consciousness as a terrestrial phenomena
(suns and stars aren't conscious).. and as a later stage terrestrial
phenomena for that matter.... i.e. water, plants, minerals etc. are
not conscious..... and intellect and understanding in any real sense
are found in even later stage terrestrial forms, and we have
physical explanations for this.......

Bruno sins against naturalism and all that we know and intuit.

He will do anything to resurrect from the dead some rudimentary and
vague Mysticism.

If talk about consciousness, then I guess the next quote from Erwin Schrödinger should be appropriate

"The doctrine of identity can claim that it is clinched by the empirical fact that consciousness is never experienced in the plural, only in the singular. Not only has none of us ever experienced more than one consciousness, but there is also no trace of circumstantial evidence of this ever happening anywhere in the world."

Of course we infer the consciousness of others. To experience more than one consciousness at the same time seems to defy the meaning of consciousness. But Schrodinger may have just had in mind that consciousness is always associated with only a singular body - unlike the Borg in which a single mind has many bodies.

Brent

What would you say to this? Does the famous physicist also plays Mysticism?

A bit more from Schrödinger

http://blog.rudnyi.ru/2011/03/the-arithmetical-paradox-the-oneness-of-mind.html

Evgeny